Interesting secondary acronyms are born when you get a lot of geeks working long sleepless hours on a product that uses RUM as the primary acronym. The following are, in no particular order, a bunch of spiritual acronyms that we came up with. Feel free to add your own in the comments :)
BRAnDY could proclaim that we’re “Beaconing Real ANalytic Data Yo!”, or it could be the unfortunate error condition when the “Browser Requested A Network Domain Yesterday!”.
TEQuiLa points to the Heisenberg nature of web performance measurement when “Transferred Entities QUIesce LAtency”.
Whiskey is the NATO phonetic alphabet telephony code for the letter W, so it could just stand for that one universal truth when it comes to web performance: “Waiting…”
GIN tells us that when a user clicks on a link, they want to “Get It Now!”
Your turn… Go!
- Caching, reloading & the specs
- The non-blocking script loader pattern
- The 3.5 second dash for attention
- LogNormal Acquired By SOASTA
- Linux TCP/IP tuning for scalability
- Some stats on Accept-Encoding
- Analysing performance data
- More on updating cached copies of boomerang
- Updating cached copies of boomerang